The invasion of modern printers in the market has made it easier than ever before to accomplish your print jobs with the help of Android, iOS, MacBooks, Chromebooks, and every other device that enables a wireless network. If you are a Chromebook user, printing from it is pretty easy by connecting to Wi-Fi or a wired network. However, currently, Chromebook does not support Bluetooth printing. You can also connect your printer to your Chromebook with the help of a USB cable. A notification pops up when you use a cable. This article states some easy ways for you to print to a Canon printer from a Chromebook. If you’re using a USB cable, you can directly skip to Step 2.
Step 1: Connect to the Internet
Keep an eye out that your printer and Chromebook must be connected to the same network.
- Turn your printer on and connect it to a network.
- In case you need a detailed guide you can also refer to your printer manufacturer’s instructions.
- Turn on your Chromebook and sign in if you haven’t done it yet.
- Now, at the bottom right, select the time and select Not Connected. But if you see your Wi-Fi network name and signal strength, your Chromebook is already connected to Wi-Fi.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi and your Chromebook will automatically start looking for available networks and list them out to you.
Step 2: Try Printing a Page
- To print the image, page, or document you’re viewing, press Ctrl + p.
- Next, go to “Destination” and select the Down arrow.
- Select “See more…” and choose your printer from that.
- A list of printers will automatically appear there if you don’t see your printer listed on it.
- After that select Manage and then select Print.
Scan a document
- At the bottom right of your Chromebook, select the time and then select “Settings”.
- Now, at the left, select Advanced.
- Select Scan to open the Scan app, under “Print and scan,”. Either way to find the Scan app, open Launcher and search for Scan.
- Under “Scan” select the down arrow menu on the right to select your scanner.
- To start your scan, select the Scan button. Under “More settings” you can also customize your color mode, page size, resolution, and scan options.
- To find your scanned files, select Show file location and you can also scan documents using your Chromebook’s camera.
Add your printer to your Chromebook
To figure out how to print to a Canon printer from a Chromebook, adding your printer to the Chromebook is a mandatory step. Follow the below-listed instructions to learn more.
- Select the time at the bottom right and then select Settings.
- Next, at the bottom, select Advanced.
- Under the “Print and scan,” option select Printers.
- Select Save under “Available printers to save,” next to your printer.
- Lastly, check that your printer appears at the top, under “Saved printers.” But if your printer doesn’t appear there, try turning your Chromebook’s Wi-Fi off and on.
Hopefully, this article will help you figure out the solution to your queries related to printing from a Chromebook. Nevertheless, you might also come across certain types of other issues like why my canon wireless printer is offline, in such cases you shall look no further than expert help from PrinterIThelp. Get the most accurate and up-to-date solutions for your printer. Connect today with printerithelp.com.