Good oral health takes more than just brushing and flossing your teeth. Maintaining good oral health requires taking care of gums and tongue as well as the teeth. Keeping up with your dental health requires frequent visits to the dentist.
However, locating a good dentist in India is not an easy task. Though there are plenty of dentists in India itself boasting of a large variety of dental treatments, personalized care and professional excellence, yet finding the best option can be quite baffling. Utmost care should be therefore taken in taking referrals and considering the reputation of the dental clinics as well as the dentists prior to selection.
Oral health problems like bad breath, tooth decay, sensitive teeth and bleeding gums are not the only ones, dental and oral injuries arising out of accidents often needs immediate and professional attention. Which is why, most dental clinics and dentists in India provide emergency services as well. After all even an unattended toothache could get unbearable enough to make you end up in an emergency room.
6 Common Types of Dental Treatments:
- Fillings and Repairs – Cracked or broken teeth as a result of tooth decay or accident/trauma can be repaired and restored with the help of bio-compatible material.
- Dental Crowns – Tooth caps made of porcelain or metal are used to cover and protect severely damaged, chipped teeth.
- Root Canal – A treatment where the pulp of the tooth removed. The tooth pulp which contains several nerves, veins, arteries and lymph tissue, is highly susceptible to infections and damage in cases of severe cavity, cracked or injured teeth.
- Extraction – Often the last resort for treating a broken or severely decayed tooth is its removal from the tooth socket.
- Implants or Bridges – Both are ways of replacing missing teeth. Metal frames are used as anchors for replacement tooth in case of missing teeth. Bridges are also removable dentures which replace missing teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – It is a process by which discolored and stained teeth are whitened with the help of peroxide based cleaning agent.
Apart from the above mentioned common treatments India Dental Clinics also provide oral and radiology and surgery, and services in cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry. A beautiful smile with a set of pearly whites make cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry most sought after in these times.
Although dental treatment can be quite expensive, with the advent of new and advanced technologies affordable treatment options are now being made available.